Commercial Legal Counsel - In house
NextSilicon is a swiftly growing unicorn startup that is reimagining high-performance computing. Our pioneering coprocessor vastly accelerates supercomputers, driving them forward into a new generation. Our new software-defined hardware architecture enables HPC to fulfill its promise of breakthroughs in all fields of advanced research.
NextSilicon is seeking a talented, forward-thinking commercial attorney.
As part of our in-house legal team, you will handle a broad range of primarily commercial and regulatory matters pertaining to a leading-edge technology company.
You will play a key role in securing our legal interests and promoting our success.
- Commercial lawyer with 3-5 years of experience in a global high-tech company or a top tier law firm’s high tech or commercial department.
- 3+ years in the semiconductor, hardware-software or robotics industry: a must.
- Proven practiced knowledge of US government procurement processes, engagements, and compliance: a must.
- Excellent English: a must, as all work is conducted in English.
- Comprehensive experience in complex technology agreements and transactions that involve both hardware and software.
- Strong workload management skills.
- Pragmatic thinker, creative troubleshooter and solution builder.
- Self-motivated and results-driven team player, with proven ability to also work independently.
- Outstanding writing, drafting, negotiating, presentation, and communication skills.
- Work directly with management and professional teams to provide practical, business- oriented advice on all legal aspects of our business, including product, intellectual property, governance, compliance and regulatory matters, as well as other legal issues relevant to a global technology company.
- Draft, review, and negotiate a wide variety of agreements with customers, partners, vendors, and other third parties in connection with cross-border transactions.
- Create, maintain, and improve standard templates, business processes, and internal policies.
- Support employment practices including drafting of employment contracts and providing guidance during recruitment and termination processes.
- Manage matters related to intellectual property.
- Self-manage time, priorities, and deadlines.
- Take ownership and demonstrate a business-focused mindset.
- Analyze situations and information in a fast-paced, fast-evolving global environment.
NextSilicon is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, age, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with physical or mental disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. NextSilicon makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.