Compiler Team Lead
NextSilicon is a swiftly growing unicorn startup that is reimagining high-performance computing. Our pioneering coprocessor vastly accelerates supercomputers, driving them forward into a new generation. Our new software-defined hardware architecture enables HPC to fulfill its promise of breakthroughs in all fields of advanced research.
We are looking for an experienced team lead to join our group and lead our cutting edge compiling team. In this high-visibility, influential hands-on role, you will take a key position in building NextSilicon’s next-generation runtime compiler.
You will lead a local team of compiler engineers together with a remote team of compiler researchers.
The challenges NextSilicon faces are unique and non-trivial. Usually, we do not have the luxury of using “google” or a “stack overflow”. Therefore, the right candidate will have a can-do attitude who’s not afraid to dive deep into the details and look for creative solutions.
The day-to-day work requires intuition over compiler primitives (Control Flow Graphs, basic blocks, dataflow, etc.) and algorithmic applications on these structures.
Background in analyzing code for compiler optimizations, code graph algorithms or for vulnerability research, is a great source for such experience.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree and/or equivalent experience in computer science or a related field
- 2+ years of team leadership experience
- 6+ years experience as software engineer
- Strong coding skills in C and C++ programming languages
- Strong intuition with control flow graphs and code analysis
- Previous experience in one of the following: compiler optimizations, code graph algorithms, mathematics, low level vulnerability research etc
- Familiarity with LLVM and/or MLIR : big advantage.
- Strong design and analytical skills
- Leadership and excellent collaboration skills
- Lead a heterogeneous team that is combined of local and remote, junior and senior software engineers and compiler researchers
- Define feature development scope and plan for successful product delivery
- Set expectations with software, architecture, and hardware stakeholders
- Balance high-quality product delivery under extremely tight schedules while fostering long-term innovation
- Act as a technical leader when design directions are unclear
- Navigate and solve engineering problems when team members have conflicting points of views
- Strengthen and grow the team by hiring and retaining top engineering talents
NextSilicon is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, age, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with physical or mental disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. NextSilicon makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.
For any questions please ask us at firstname.lastname@example.org