Design technical lead
NextSilicon is a swiftly growing unicorn startup that is reimagining high-performance computing. Our pioneering coprocessor vastly accelerates supercomputers, driving them forward into a new generation. Our new software-defined hardware architecture enables HPC to fulfill its promise of breakthroughs in all advanced research fields.
We are looking for an experienced, talented ASIC technical lead and front-end design expert. In this high-visibility and influential role, you will help push chip execution activities from planning to tape-out while solving challenging implementation problems.
- 8+ years of experience in complex ASIC designs
- VLSI expert with a deep understanding of chip architecture and design flows
- Experience working with various front-end tools and flows (CDC, LINT, Synthesis, DFT, UPF and power estimation and analysis )
- Good understanding of reset and clock design (including CTS)
- Understanding of chip integration, including I/O, high speed IPs, and PLLs
- Experience in leading chip development projects
- Excellent leadership and interpersonal skills, able to drive colleagues to achieve the project goals
- Good understanding of hardware-software partitions and tradeoffs
- Knowledge of process nodes and place and route flows
- Lead top-level design, implementation, integration and power activities
- Define and drive requirements and flow definitions for front-end / back-end reference design for internal design and external IPs integrations to the SOC
- Define and drive front-end flows and tools like IO and package definitions, clock and reset design , design for power and more
- Support timing and constraints definitions work closely with the BE team on timing and physicals implementation efforts
- Technology expert, building a knowledge base for the group
- Work with various teams to drive execution (SW, Architecture, verification, etc)
- Devise execution indicators and monitor and report execution progress to enable prioritization and clear decision making
NextSilicon is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, age, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with physical or mental disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. NextSilicon makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.