Director of HPC Business Development
At NextSilicon, we are reimagining high-performance computing. Our pioneering coprocessor vastly accelerates supercomputers, driving them forward into a new generation. Our new software-defined hardware architecture enables HPC to fulfill its promise of breakthroughs in all fields of advanced research. NextSilicon is looking for an accomplished business development technology director with an entrepreneurial mindset. The Director of Business Development will identify and approach new accounts, grow business from scratch, fortify existing accounts, and lead the adoption of NextSilicon's offerings through specialized sales and collaboration with direct end users as well as channel partners. This position requires a strong operational leader with a record of pipeline development, account and opportunity planning, and strategic negotiations. This Director of Business Development is a Europe-based role that involves travel within Europe and occasional travel overseas. The successful candidate will enjoy a high-impact position with endless opportunities for growth.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in engineering, mathematics, computer science, or a related field
- Deep understanding of HPC hardware and software technologies
- 10+ years of successful sales or business development experience or equivalent customer-facing experience in a technical role
- Experience working closely with partners to deliver solutions for customers
- Experience in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment is a plus
- Identify organizations focused on investing in new technologies and product development
- Establish and build effective relationships with professional networks and influencer partners
- Provide strategic and tactical client management
- Ensure quality of service and the timely completion of project deliverables
- Contribute to the company’s go-to-market strategy
- Develop pricing, packaging, and messaging that will garner new client interest (including organizing industry and trade show events, advertising in trade publications, and developing internal documentation)
- Manage and oversee all stages of the marketing and sales process, from client prospecting and presenting to negotiating and closing (including writing custom proposals)
NextSilicon is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, age, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with physical or mental disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. NextSilicon makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.