Firmware Team Lead
NextSilicon is a swiftly growing unicorn startup that is reimagining high-performance computing. Our pioneering coprocessor vastly accelerates supercomputers, driving them forward into a new generation. Our new software-defined hardware architecture enables HPC to fulfill its promise of breakthroughs in all fields of advanced research.
We are looking for a talented Team Leader to join our Device Runtime group. The team is responsible for developing the software ecosystem running on the device, ranging from bare metal bootrom and bootloaders, through zephyr-based RTOS and a custom Linux distribution. All powering NextSilicon’s groundbreaking compute architectures, in close coupling with our top-notch hardware engineering teams.
- BSc in Electrical Engineering / Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 6+ years experience as a firmware/low-level engineer
- 2+ years experience as a team lead of at least 3 engineers
- Experience with one or more of the following: BSP/Bootloaders/Embedded/RTOS
- Hands-on experience with Linux Kernel: big advantage
- Can-do approach and flexible mindset
- Proven leadership skills
- Leading a growing team of senior and junior embedded engineers
- Starting with a small group, and helping the team grow
- Working closely with the team’s tech lead and the group manager
- Collaborating with other software and hardware teams
- Regular code reviewing
- Keeping the team’s focus aligned with the company’s business goals
- Guarded on R&D workflows, schedules, and on raising flags when needed
- Maintaining the teams’ high spirit, as being so innovative and at the cutting edge of technology can sometimes face with some big challenges and quests
NextSilicon is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, age, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with physical or mental disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. NextSilicon makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.
For any questions please ask us at firstname.lastname@example.org