HPC Applications Engineer
NextSilicon is a swiftly growing unicorn startup that is reimagining high-performance computing. Our pioneering coprocessor vastly accelerates supercomputers, driving them forward into a new generation. Our new software-defined hardware architecture enables HPC to fulfill its promise of breakthroughs in all fields of advanced research.
Our applications team is looking for a talented applications software engineer with experience in moving HPC applications onto new platforms and evaluating performance.
In this role, you will work with a highly talented and geographically distributed team in a dynamic environment.
As part of a software-defined hardware company, you will have the pivotal role of driving new software features based on your analysis of customer-defined applications and measuring the resulting performance improvements. This role stands on the edge of computer science/architecture and scientific applications which span a wide range of fields: computational fluid dynamics, weather prediction, seismic imaging, molecular dynamics, quantum chemistry, etc... If you are passionate about science, have a knack for solving complex problems and thrive in a bleeding-edge multi-disciplinary environment, we want to hear from you!
- B.S. degree in a hard science, engineering, computer science, or related field; M.S. or Ph.D. strongly preferred
- Hands-on experience with development in one or more HPC applications domains
- Proficiency in C/C++ or Fortran
- Ability to measure application-level performance and profile HPC applications at the node level
- Working understanding of OpenMP, MPI, and related parallel programming models
- Expertise in competitive performance analysis is strongly preferred
- Eligibility to visit US government research facilities
- Willingness to travel as necessary
- Ability to work remotely and independently in a fast-paced environment with minimal direct supervision
- Profile and identify bottlenecks of a wide range of HPC applications on different architectures
- Develop creative algorithmic and software solutions to solve bottlenecks and accelerate applications on a novel data-flow architecture
- Translate applications’ requirements into software features and hardware requirements
- Develop performance models of future hardware architectures
NextSilicon is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, age, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with physical or mental disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. NextSilicon makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.
For any questions please ask us at firstname.lastname@example.org