HPC Applications Engineer
NextSilicon is looking for a talented applications software engineer with experience in moving HPC applications onto new platforms and evaluating performance. In this role, you will work with a highly talented and geographically distributed team in a dynamic environment. Your ability to work with internal engineering teams and external customers will allow you to impact product development using application insights. Essential skills include knowledge of one of the major HPC application domains, ability to work in a distributed environment, and ability to communicate with internal and external customers.
- B.S. degree in a hard science, engineering, computer science, or related field; M.S. or Ph.D. strongly preferred
- Hands-on experience with development in one or more HPC applications domains
- Proficiency in C/C++ or Fortran
- Ability to measure application-level performance and profile HPC applications at the node level
- Working understanding of OpenMP, MPI, and related parallel programming models
- Expertise in competitive performance analysis is strongly preferred
- Eligibility to visit US government research facilities
- Willingness to travel as necessary
- Ability to work remotely and independently in a fast-paced environment with minimal direct supervision
NextSilicon is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, age, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with physical or mental disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. NextSilicon makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.
For any questions please ask us at firstname.lastname@example.org