HPC Support Engineer
At NextSilicon, we are reimagining high-performance computing. Our pioneering new technology accelerates parallel computing, driving forward into a new generation. Our new software-defined hardware architecture enables HPC to fulfill its promise of breakthroughs in all fields of advanced research. We are looking for a talented HPC Support Engineer with experience identifying system-level bugs, providing technical support, and ensuring customer success. In this US-based role, you will work with the Director of Customer Success and the software development and applications teams to deploy, debug, and troubleshoot common HPC applications and monitor and resolve client-facing issues. Essential skills include knowledge of HPC application domains, experience with identifying and resolving technical issues, and the ability to provide clear communication to both internal teams and external customers.
- Background in computer engineering, computer science, or other related fields with 5+ years of experience
- Experience in a customer-facing technical support role
- Proficiency in C, C++, and/or Fortran, as well as shell scripting in a Linux environment
- Familiarity with HPC applications and development environments (RHEL, Debian, etc.)
- Working understanding of standards-based parallel programming models (OpenMP, MPI, etc.) and LLVM compiler and toolchain
- Strong verbal and written communication
- U.S. citizenship required
- willingness to travel as necessary
- Ability to work remotely and independently in a fast-paced startup environment with minimal direct supervision
- Provide hands-on support of scientific HPC applications
- Work with customers to provide technical support
- Maintain knowledge of and communicate with customers regarding key software features
- Identify, validate, and resolve bugs and runtime errors
- Create reproducible procedures for customer-reported bugs
- Contribute to and maintain user documentation and our support knowledge base
- Specific duties may include such tasks as triaging system crashes during customer setup, liaising between internal software teams and end users, providing mitigation plans, and helping customers to understand the behavior of our system.
NextSilicon is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, age, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with physical or mental disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. NextSilicon makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.