IT Helpdesk Technician
NextSilicon is a swiftly growing unicorn startup that is reimagining high-performance computing. Our pioneering coprocessor vastly accelerates supercomputers, driving them forward into a new generation. Our new software-defined hardware architecture enables HPC to fulfill its promise of breakthroughs in all fields of advanced research.
We are seeking a tech-savvy people-oriented help desk technician, to join our growing IT team and be responsible for providing technical assistance with computer systems, hardware, and software.
As a help desk technician, you will be responsible for responding to queries by email, chat, or via other channels, and offering technical support to our global and on-site employees.
You will be well-versed in all aspects of computer systems configuration, set up, and maintenance, and have excellent interpersonal and communication skills to answer queries on both basic and advanced technical issues, offer advice on how to solve them, and utilize the team’s experts when identifying a more advanced matter.
- 3+ experience as a helpdesk technician, working in an organization of 200+
- Knowledge of different operating systems (MacOS, Windows, Linux)
- Good understanding of computer systems, networks, hardware and software products
- Ability to diagnose and resolve technical issues
- Good problem-solving, analytical, and team-working skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Willingness to learn new technologies.
- Customer-oriented, cool-tempered and team player
- Proficiency in English
- Serve as the first point of contact for employees seeking technical assistance.
- Respond to queries via our HelpDesk tickets system, by email, in person, or through remote access.
- Offer technical assistance on the delivery, configuration, set up, maintenance, LAN performance, and troubleshooting of computer systems, hardware, and software.
- Direct unresolved issues to the next level of support personnel.
- Provide training and guidance to new onboarding employees.
- Follow-up and update issue status and information.
- Gain feedback from employees to improve helpdesk and training methods.
- Identify and suggest possible improvements on procedures to the department manager.
- Write and edit training manuals.
NextSilicon is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, age, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with physical or mental disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. NextSilicon makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.