Linux System Administrator
NextSilicon is a startup unicorn that is revolutionizing the high-performance computing world. We are looking for an experienced Linux system administrator to join our dream team managing our computers, servers, networks, and other IT assets..
Our ideal candidate has in-depth knowledge of computer software and hardware and hands-on experience with a variety of computers, networks, operating systems, and applications. The ideal candidate will also be a great troubleshooter, attentive to detail, and display good interpersonal skills to successfully interact with colleagues from various departments and executive levels.
- 4+ years previous experience as Linux administrator, IT engineer, or similar
- Hands-on experience with diverse computer systems, including:
- 3+ years experience with Linux-based systems
- 3+ years experience in networking fields
- Knowledge of Windows OS
- Familiarity/experience with HPC: big advantage
- Knowledge of MacOS: advantage
- Knowledge of Docker or Kubernetes: advantage
- Excellent diagnostic and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills
- Manage and maintain servers and computers
- Manage and implement IT-related projects
- Install, configure, and manage hardware components and software
- Develop and maintain local and branch networks
- Ensure security and privacy of networks and computer systems
- Troubleshoot to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner
NextSilicon is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, age, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with physical or mental disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. NextSilicon makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.
For any questions please ask us at email@example.com