Low Level Software Engineer
NextSilicon is a swiftly growing unicorn startup that took upon itself an innovative direction in computing. Our pioneering coprocessor vastly accelerates supercomputers, driving them forward into a new generation. Our new software-defined hardware architecture enables HPC to fulfill its promise of breakthroughs in all fields of advanced research.
We are looking for a skilled low-level software engineer to join a newly formed team dedicated to a new and ambitious project. You will play a pivotal role in developing the foundational infrastructure for a new product.
Your primary focus will be the creation of critical low-level components, including drivers and Hardware Abstraction Layers (HALs), crucial to the success of this revolutionary venture.
If you are driven by technical challenges and are passionate about shaping the future of technology, we welcome you to apply and bring your expertise to this dynamic opportunity.
- B.Sc in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of experience as a low level software engineer / RT embedded engineer
- Strong proven coding skills in C / CPP / Python
- Low level OS drivers: a must
- Hardware simulation experience: an advantage
- Zephyr RTOS drivers developing experience: an advantage
- ARC development experience: an advantage
- Can do approach and flexible mindset
- Highly motivated and with excellent interpersonal skills
- Play a significant role in designing, developing and optimizing a new unique product for the revolutionary NextSilicon dataflow accelerator.
- Develop device software components including processor RTOS, OS drivers, and user space applications and libraries.
- Collaborate with hardware and product design teams to develop software for sophisticated SOC platform designs.
- Be part of a multidisciplinary team, with broad responsibilities and an ecosystem perspective.
- Tackle complex system-level optimization and resource utilization challenges.
- Participate across all levels of the product development lifecycle.
- Go the extra mile to do excellent work, the NextSilicon way.
NextSilicon is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, age, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with physical or mental disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. NextSilicon makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.