Parallel Computing Software Engineer
NextSilicon is a swiftly growing unicorn startup that is reimagining high-performance computing. Our pioneering coprocessor vastly accelerates supercomputers, driving them forward into a new generation. Our new software-defined hardware architecture enables HPC and AI to fulfill its promise of breakthroughs in all fields of advanced research.
We are looking for an experienced software engineer with a strong background in optimizing parallel frameworks to hardware runtime, who will join our Apps Frameworks group.
- 6+ years of software engineering experience working on low-level software for heterogeneous compute.
- MSc/BSc in Computer Science or other equivalent educational experience.
- 5+ years of advanced C++ experience, with excellent coding skills.
- 3+ years of parallel compute software acceleration coding experience, utilizing one or more of the following frameworks: OpenMP, Kokkos, CUDA, OpenCL, and/or HIP.
- Experience with compilers (RISC-V, ARM and/or x86 backends) : a big advantage.
- In-depth knowledge of processor architectures—such asCPUs (x86, ARM, RISC-V), GPUs, DSPs, or TCUs : an advantage.
- Hands-on experience working with common linear algebra accelerated libraries : BLAS, FFTW, Eigen, LAPACK : an advantage.
- Experience with Linux foundations : an advantage.
- Play a key role in defining the architecture for the NextSilicon parallel compute framework API, and how it will interact with other common parallel compute frameworks.
- Research common parallel compute frameworks implementations and suggest design and implementation concepts for accelerating them on NextSilicon hardware.
- Dive into linear algebra common libraries codebase and understand how to integrate them into the NextSilicon SDK with the aim of best utilizing NextSilicon hardware.
- Understand our full NextSilicon software stack end-to-end,and be able to identify performance bottlenecks and implement accelerated solutions.
- Work in close collaboration with cross-functional and multidisciplinary teams, including software, hardware, system, research, and apps engineering teams.
NextSilicon is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, age, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with physical or mental disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. NextSilicon makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.
For any questions please ask us at email@example.com