Physical Design Team Lead
At NextSilicon, we are reimagining high-performance computing. Our pioneering coprocessor vastly accelerates supercomputers, driving them forward into a new generation. Our new software-defined hardware architecture enables HPC to fulfill its promise of breakthroughs in all fields of advanced research.
NextSilicon is looking for a talented and experienced engineer to participate in the physical design of the company’s product for leading one of Nextsilison BE project. This position involves working with external back-end developers as well as carrying out critical tasks in-house, and leading aggressive back-end initiatives to meet challenging targets in terms of area, timing, and layout. In this role, you will be at the center of the company’s design efforts and will have a significant influence on product architecture.
- 7+ years of physical design experience, leading complex process designs
- leading project/subsystem and managing group of PDs.
- In-depth knowledge of process and circuit design
- Knowledge of physical design industry standards and practices, including physically aware synthesis, floor planning, CTS, place and route
- Experience developing and implementing power-grid and clock specifications
- Good command of industry-standard physical design and synthesis tools
- Understanding of scripting languages, such as Perl and Tcl
- Working knowledge of extraction and STA methodologies and tools
- Good understanding of physical design verification methodology for debugging LVS and DRC issues at chip and block level
- Proficiency in power delivery, signal integrity, advanced packaging, power projection, and design for low dynamic power
- Leading projects and managing small groups: advantage
- Generate and analyze critical block- and chip-level static timing constraints
- Spec and define full chip floor plan, including pin placement, partitions, and power grid
- Develop and validate high-performance, low-power clock network guidelines
- Perform critical block-level place and route and create designs that meet timing, area, and power constraints
- Review the vendors’ physical design verification flow at chip and block level and guide other designers on how to fix LVS and DRC violations
- Work with vendors on defining physical design methodologies and assist in flow development for chipש
NextSilicon is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, age, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with physical or mental disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. NextSilicon makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.
For any questions please ask us at firstname.lastname@example.org