Senior Software Tech Lead
NextSilicon is a swiftly growing unicorn startup that is reimagining high-performance computing. Our pioneering coprocessor vastly accelerates supercomputers, driving them forward into a new generation. Our new software-defined hardware architecture enables HPC and AI to fulfill its promise of breakthroughs in all fields of advanced research.
NextSilicon is seeking a top notch Tech Lead Engineer to drive forward the development of the full software stack and architecture behind our revolutionary coprocessor. You will demonstrate creative and critical thinking capabilities and have a genuine passion for tackling software and hardware issues.
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree, and/or equivalent experience in computer science and related field
- 10+ years of experience in software engineering.
- Strong knowledge of at least one of the following processor architectures: CPUs, GPUs, DSPs, and/or TCUs.
- Solid experience in tech leading software teams through the various stages of technology development, including research, concept, design and implementation.
- Excellent software architecture design and C/C++ programming skills.
- Previous experience working on large codebase projects that reached the production stage.
- Deep understanding of the foundations of operating systems, including device and memory management, IPC, and runtime: an advantage.
- A genuine passion for fixing software and hardware issues.
- Work on multiple layers of the software stack, including low-level software, compiler, toolchain, drivers, and runtime optimization algorithms.
- Lead architecture and tech direction for key components of NextSilicon’s software stack supercomputer coprocessor.
- Be responsible for gaining a thorough understanding of the end-to-end functionality of a full system feature, defining KPIs, and implementing it in multiple software layers.
- Define feature development scope and plan for successful product delivery.
- Set a high bar for the software development cycle and code quality, and mentor others to achieve it.
NextSilicon is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, age, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with physical or mental disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. NextSilicon makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.
For any questions please ask us at email@example.com