Serbia- Software Build Engineer
NextSilicon is a swiftly growing well funded unicorn startup that is reimagining high-performance computing. Our pioneering coprocessor vastly accelerates supercomputers, driving them forward into a new generation. Our new software-defined hardware architecture enables HPC and AI to fulfill its promise of breakthroughs in all fields of advanced research.
We are seeking a highly skilled and experienced Software Build Engineer to join our dynamic team. The ideal candidate will have extensive experience in developing and maintaining build systems, with a focus on CMake and cross-compilation. This role involves working closely with the development team to ensure efficient and reliable build processes for our software products.
We are delivering a full runtime, toolchain, drivers and many different components across multiple distributions and seek someone who is opinionated.
- Strong experience with CMake and build system design
- Proficiency in cross-compilation
- Experience in packaging applications for Linux distributions, especially Red Hat Linux
- Good understanding of the Git version control system
- Proven written communication and teamwork abilities
- Knowledge of Python packaging is a strong bonus
- Design, implement, and maintain build systems using CMake and Python packages
- Develop and support packaging of applications for Linux distributions, particularly Red Hat Linux and variants
- Collaborate with the development team to integrate new software components into the build system
- Ensure the reliability and efficiency of the build and release process
- Troubleshoot and resolve build-related issues
- Optimize build processes for speed and efficiency
- Maintain documentation for the build system and processes
NextSilicon is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, age, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with physical or mental disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. NextSilicon makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.
For any questions please ask us at firstname.lastname@example.org