System Software Engineer
NextSilicon is a swiftly growing unicorn startup that is reimagining high-performance computing. Our pioneering coprocessor vastly accelerates supercomputers, driving them forward into a new generation. Our new software-defined hardware architecture enables HPC to fulfill its promise of breakthroughs in all fields of advanced research.
We are looking for a talented System Software Developer to join our team. We are responsible for the core software behind our coprocessor’s runtime environment. In this highly visible and influential role you will be at the center of developing and delivering parts of the company’s software stack.
- B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- At least 5 years of experience in C / C++
- Ability to work in a multi-task and dynamic environment
- Fast learner and a team player
- Strong communication skills
- Background in Linux internals: advantage
- Background in bare-metal programming: advantage
- Play a significant role in designing, developing and optimizing our platform for the revolutionary NextSilicon dataflow accelerator.
- Develop the infrastructure for a multi-threaded, multi-core system that will run on Linux and on a real-time operating system (RTOS).
- Be part of a multidisciplinary team, with broad responsibilities and an ecosystem perspective.
- Collaborate with multiple teams on designing and developing new features and improvements.
- Independently investigate and resolve complicated tasks.
NextSilicon is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, age, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with physical or mental disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. NextSilicon makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.