WE DEFINE ("PII") OR "PERSONAL DATA" TO MEAN ANY INFORMATION RELATING TO AN IDENTIFIED OR IDENTIFIABLE NATURAL PERSON. AN IDENTIFIABLE NATURAL PERSON IS ONE WHO CAN BE IDENTIFIED, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, IN PARTICULAR BY REFERENCE TO AN IDENTIFIER SUCH AS A NAME, AN IDENTIFICATION NUMBER, LOCATION DATA, AN ONLINE IDENTIFIER, OR TO ONE OR MORE FACTORS SPECIFIC TO THE PHYSICAL, PHYSIOLOGICAL, GENETIC, MENTAL, ECONOMIC, CULTURAL, OR SOCIAL IDENTITY OF THAT NATURAL PERSON.
PII We Collect, for what purposes and Lawful Bases for Processing.
|Instance of collecting the data||Type of data processed||Purpose of use||Lawful bases for processing|
|Data that you provide when submitting a contact form||Name, email, role, company, and any free text you choose to include (please refrain from providing any personal data in the free text)||To respond to your inquiry or request Marketing communications, if you agreed to receive them||Your consent Our legitimate interests|
|Data that you provide passively by browsing the Website||Your IP address, the type of device used by you, the pages you visited, and details about the duration and other data about your visit, the pages leading you to our Website||To understand usage trends and user preferences in order to provide, operate, maintain, and improve our Services To adjust and personalize your use of the Services Marketing campaign purposes (management of campaigns, measurement, and accounting with our marketing partners)||Our legitimate interests|
|When you send us your CV to apply for a job||Any personal data that you include in your CV, including without limitation contact information, your education and work experience||management, and accounting with placement agencies||Our legitimate interests|
|When you submit a form to join our newsletter||Email address||Include you in our mailing lists for newsletters and other marketing materials||Your consent|
|When you share blog posts in social media platforms||Your publicly available personal data as provided by the applicable social network and the fact that you have shared the post||To evaluate our brand reputation and involvement of users in our content, and to improve our blog||Our legitimate interests|
In addition to the above-mentioned purposes of processing, we shall also use the personal data that we obtain through the Website for the following purposes, based on our legitimate business interests:
- 2.1. To protect our Services from threatening or fraudulent activities.
- 2.2. To ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
- 2.3. For enforcement of the relevant agreement or other legal rights.
You are not obliged under any applicable law to provide to us any of the above information and you may be able to opt not to disclose your personal data to the Company. However, not providing the Company with certain data may mean that we cannot provide you with certain functions or process certain requests.
Use of Personal Data.
Use of Personal Data. We will not use your personal data for any personal profiling or automated decision making regarding you, based on such profiling
- 5.1. In order to collect or use the data described herein, we may use temporary cookies that remain on your device for a limited period of time. We may also use persistent cookies that remain on your device until the cookies are removed via your browser's settings in order to manage and maintain the Services and record your use of the Services and to understand the usage trends and preferences of our users. A cookie is a small piece of information which is sent to and stored on your device. Most browsers may allow you to block cookies, but you may not be able to use some features on the Services if you block them. You may set most browsers to notify you if you receive a cookie (this enables you to decide if you want to accept it or not).
- 5.2. Cookies that we may use can generally be categorized as follows:
- 5.2.1. Necessary Cookies: These cookies are necessary to load the Website or to allow users to use certain Website features. We may use such cookies without your consent but we will notify you of their use.
- 5.2.2. Analytics and performance Cookies: These cookies track information about how the Website is being used so that we can make improvements and report on our performance.
- 5.2.3. Preference and functionality Cookies: These first-party cookies store your Website preferences.
- 5.2.4 Marketing Cookies: These are usually third-party cookies placed by advertising platforms or networks in order to: (i) deliver ads and track ad performance, and (ii) enable advertising networks to deliver ads that may be relevant based upon your activities.
5.3. We may use additional tracking technologies to help understand user activities and preferences. For example, we may use web beacons (also known as clear GIFs, pixel tags, or web bugs) to track user activities and communicate with cookies. You cannot opt out of web beacons used in web pages, but you can limit their use by opting out of the cookies they interact with. You can opt out of web beacons used in emails by setting your email client to render emails in text mode only.
5.4. We use the following cookies and other tracking technologies. We will update this list from time to time.
|Name of cookie||Source (if third party cookies)||Purpose (what this cookie does)||Expiration (lifetime of cookie)|
|Performance||_gid||nextsilicon.com||Analytics of page visits||1 day|
|_ga||nextsilicon.com||calculate visitor, session and campaign data for the sites analytics||730 days|
|Marketing||test_cookie||doubleclick.net||This domain is owned by Doubleclick (Google). The main business activity is: Doubleclick is Googles real time bidding advertising exchange||A few seconds|
|VISITOR_INFO1_LIVE||youtube.com||This cookie is used as a unique identifier to track viewing of videos||180|
|GPS||youtube.com||display targeted advertising||A few seconds|
|YSC||youtube.com||display targeted advertising||A few seconds|
|Necessary||__cfduid||cookiepro.com||Cookie banner and preference functionality||30 days|
5.5. We may set cookies that monitor links to our Website that we send to you (if you have consented to receiving emails from us or if we have any other lawful basis to email you). These cookies are used to track visitors to our Website sourced from these emails. To avoid these types of cookies, please follow the explanation below on how to change your browser cookies settings.
5.6. In addition we may use a tracking technology (pixels) in emails to understand how often our emails are opened and clicked on by our customers. If you do not wish this tracking to be effected, please change the settings in your e-mail software or service (such as Outlook, Gmail, etc.) to not automatically download images. In some instances, depending on your email or browser settings, cookies in an email may be automatically accepted (for example, when you have added an email address to your address book or safe senders list). Please refer to your email browser or device instructions for more information on this.
5.7. You can change your browser's settings to delete cookies that have already been set and to not accept new cookies. To learn more about how to do this, visit the help pages of your browser. Some useful information can also be found here: https://www.allaboutcookies.org/. Please note, however, that if you delete cookies or do not accept them, you might not be able to use all of the features we offer, you may not be able to store your preferences, and some of our pages might not display properly.
If you are a child under the age of 18, you must obtain parental consent prior to using our Services. The Company will not knowingly contact or engage with children under the age of 18 without said parental consent. If you have reason to believe that a child has provided us with their PII, please contact us at email@example.com and we will endeavor to delete that PII from our databases.
As part of providing the Services, our affiliates, agents, representatives, and service providers may have access to your PII. The Company may also share your PII in the following circumstances: (a) as required for the provision, maintenance and improvement of the Services; (b) when permitted by you; (c) if we become involved in a reorganization, merger, consolidation, acquisition, or any form of sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, with any type of entity, whether public, private, foreign, or local; and/or (d) to satisfy applicable law or prevent fraud or harm, or to enforce agreements and/or their terms, including investigation of potential violations thereof. In addition, we use third-party vendors, for example to perform some of the tasks we want to outsource or to provide us other products or services that are related to the Services. The categories of third-party providers who receive the personal data from us in connection with the Website and Services are as follows: Cloud hosting services, email campaign automation, marketing automation, social media advertisement (on our behalf, not for transfer to third parties for advertisement or marketing purposes), customer relations management, analytics tools, web page building tools, and customer support service providers. Our service providers do not have any right to use your personal data collected from our Website beyond what is necessary for the purpose of facilitating our provision of the Website and Services.
PII Security and Retention.
We implement appropriate technical and organizational measures to ensure a level of security appropriate to the risk, and among other means we follow generally accepted industry standards to protect against unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure, or destruction of PII. However, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, we cannot guarantee absolute security of PII. We retain your PII only for as long as reasonably necessary for the purposes for which it was collected or to comply with any applicable legal or ethical reporting or document retention requirements.
- 11.1. Right of Access and Rectification. You have the right to know what PII we collect about you and to ensure that such data is accurate and relevant for the purposes for which we collected it. We allow our users the option to access and obtain a copy of their PII and to rectify such PII if it is not accurate and complete. However, we may first ask you to provide us certain credentials to permit us to identify your PII.
- 11.2. Right to Delete PII or Restrict Processing. You have the right to delete your PII or restrict its processing. We may postpone or deny your request if your PII is in current use for the purposes for which it was collected or for other legitimate purposes such as compliance with legal obligations.
11.3. Right to Withdraw Consent. You have the right to withdraw your consent to the processing of your PII. Exercising this right will not affect the lawfulness of processing your PII based on your consent before its withdrawal.
11.4. Right of Data Portability. Where technically feasible, you have the right to ask to transfer your PII in accordance with your right to data portabilit.
You may exercise the above rights by sending a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
11.5. Right to Lodge a Complaint. You also have the right to lodge a complaint with a data protection supervisory authority regarding the processing of your PII. You can obtain the contact information for all of the EEA data protection authorities at https://edpb.europa.eu/about-edpb/board/members_en.
- 11.6. You may exercise these rights to the extent these rights apply to you under applicable law by emailing the Company at email@example.com or using any other contact information listed here. We will undertake to respond to your request within the applicable time frame prescribed by applicable law. Although we will make reasonable efforts to accommodate your requests, in some circumstances we may deem your request unfounded or ineligible under applicable law. In such instances we reserve the right to refuse your request. As a prerequisite to fulfilling any request, we may require you to verify your identity by asking you to provide certain information or identification to ensure that all data subjects’ privacy is protected.
The servers on which Personal Data is processed as described in this notice are located in the US which may be outside the country from which you access the Website, which means it may be processed in a country that may have different levels of privacy protection than your country. If your PII is transferred outside the European Economic Area to another county, we will, in the absence of an Adequacy decision of the European Council, seek to rely on appropriate safeguards such as to enter into appropriate EC-approved standard contractual clauses (see https://ec.europa.eu/info/law/law-topic/data-protection/international-dimension-data-protection_en).
Last Date Updated: January 27, 2021